There are presently no open calls for submissions.
Our Vision: We envision a culture of diverse leadership in which Torchbearers (TB) are engaged and making a meaningful contribution to our community.
- Applicants must be at least twenty-five (25) years of age and under thirty-nine (39) years of age at the time of application;
- Attend all new member TB Leadership Development events (see calendar below);
- Achieve at least 100 points by participating in TB events (TB Sponsored Community Service, GMMs, etc.);
- Active involvement in a Torchbearers committee;
- Demonstrate a long-term commitment to the Greater Akron Community;
- Payment of annual dues of $350 for the first year and $300 in subsequent years. Payment deadline for first year members is December 15, 2017. Please note that dues are non-refundable. Payment plans and need based scholarships are available upon request to the Torchbearers’ Treasurer. Scholarship and/or payment plan requests are kept confidential between the Torchbearer President, Vice-President, Secretary and Treasurer and will have no bearing on acceptance into Torchbearers.
2018 TB Leadership Development Curriculum Calendar
TB LEADERSHIP DEVELOPMENT ACTIVITIES:
|February 3rd||Leadership Training: Strengths/Personal Awareness|
|April 14th||Leadership Training: Communications/Teamwork|
|| Leadership Training: Board Training
||Leadership Training: Collaboration|
|September 12th|| Leadership Training: Leading Change
|| Leadership Training: Capstone Event
|January 19th - 20th
||Kickoff Retreat and New Member Orientation
||GMM #5 Holiday Party
Expectations: Torchbearers' first year curriculum requires a significant time commitment. We believe you will find your return on investment to be significant as you grow as a leader, participate in new community service opportunities, and develop meaningful relationships with those around you. Given the competitive nature of our application process, we ask that you seriously consider the expectations outlined above and only apply if you, in good faith, are able and willing to meet them. If you are unable to do so, please do not apply at this time.
If you wish to help fulfill the organization’s mission and vision, and if you can commit to devoting the time and resources necessary to being an active member, you must complete and submit this application by 11:59 p.m. EST on June 30, 2017 to be considered for membership. All applications submitted after 11:59 p.m. EST on June 30, 2017 will be deemed untimely and not considered.